Our vision is to integrate social and economic development as well as environmental protection within sustainable development.
Polymer development and circular economy are related primarily due to the lifespan of plastics. The use of polymers as well as their recycling are very important for our company. We believe that this is of great importance to society and we actively promote recycling.
Balkan Polymers has made a project to build a recycled plastic factory in Bulgaria and we are in talks with European funds over financing.
Polyethylene, polypropylene and polystyrene will be recycled and the annual capacity should be around 40,000 tons of recycled plastic per year.
The group has a plan to distribute recycled materials throughout the region and the long-term strategy involves opening new factories - in Serbia and Romania.
All materials we sell:
- are tested and safe to use
- can be recycled
- have all the necessary certificates
- are of exceptional quality and have minimal impact on nature
- Balkan Polymers Group pays all taxes and environmental contributions in all countries in which it operates.
- Balkan Polymers cooperates exclusively with plastic producers which respect environmental standards in plastic production.
- The group is a member of plastic associations in Serbia and Romania and actively participates in all issues in the plastics industry
- The Group invests profits in rural development and organic agriculture in Serbia.
- The group financially supports environmental projects in Bulgaria.
- The logistics and operations of the group are optimized to minimize the impact on the social environment and reduce CO2 emissions.
- The Group invests in renewable energy sources.
- The Gymnasium Foundation "Veljko Petrović" from Sombor, of which we are one of the founders, has started international cooperation with the German organization GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit) on financing an initiative called "The first step towards a clean and resilient local community!".